Thursday, May 28, 2009

name that tune...

... 7:00 am ...

the sun was about to peek thru the morning clouds when i started to feel sleepy... i buried myself into the sheets of my bed and in a moment i floated to a tired slumber...

... i found myself in a room...small...damped and i heard a voice...

"you know where you are... do you?" the sound seem to come from all the four walls that enclosed that small place... at the background was a melody... i recognize the sound... seems like a song...

the door was in front of me... i tried to open it but i wouldn't nudge...

"if you want to get out you need to tell me the title of the song..." a trembling voice thundered through the walls... i began to breath heavily... im beginning to feel the rush inside me...the song was inside my head... i knew what i was... then the door opened...i found myself in another room... there weren't any furniture inside, just another room...

"if you want to get out you need to tell me the title of the song..." the voice told me again... but i knew what it was... and the door of the bigger room opened...

then i went out and it got me into a hall way where i saw the voice... i saw the man who was telling me to guess the song... i ran like busted radio... it ran over and over... it started to hurt my head...

now i had no idea what it was... i started to feel sick... i felt dizzy... the room began to look crooked... and i realized that i was dreaming...


... 10:00am ...

i found myself lying on my side... i couldn't move my legs nor my hands... i felt i was trapped... my eyes rolled to see that i was in fact inside my own room... i took a deep breath and kicked myself into motion...

i got up at once and got into my jeans, took the keys of my room and hurriedly went out of the house to get some air...


... 12:00nn ...

i had all the ingredients ready... marinated beef... some cooking oil and a hot pan... i poured the oil on the pan and seared the meat... i tilted the pan a bit on the side and suddenly the flame jumped into the pan and burst into a big flare...

i was kept speechless... my instinct told to reach for the switch and turn off the gas valve... and i did... but my roommate came rushing towards the pan and grabbed the handle... he was in total panic... the flame hasn't subsided and his frantic attempt to put it off just left him waving the flaming pan everywhere... my head was blank... all it could think of was how to get out of that room... thinking that any moment he could disgorge the scalding hot oil on me...

"if you want to get out you need to tell me the title of the song..." the man's voice suddenly popped inside my head... it was just like in my dream... but there was no sound that i could hear... just the swooshing blaze of the flame...

it wasn't that long when i opened the door near the sink and a rush of cold air stretched inside the room and in a blink the flame went out...

my roommate was still in shock...

i was still trying to figure out what the song was...

No comments: