Tuesday, February 3, 2009

conversations with a stranger...

so i was taking my "yosi-break" (cigarette break) then my manager introduced me to this new guy in our team... there were around 20 new hires who started 2weeks behind us but i didnt specifically had my eye on this new one... i only got to notice him that night when my manager almost pushed me to get to know him...

his name was thadeo jansen... a guy little shorter than my height...had a dimple on his cheeks (dont exactly know if it was on his left or right... i told you i wasnt noticing him unitl this night...) has a look of a southern filipino, with somewhat chinky eyes, a goatee that you wouldnt initially notice and his signature characteristic... his overly waxed/oiled/wet-look chin length hair...

so there goes my manager,

aurelio: hoy alex si thad, yung bago natin sa batch 2!

alex: ah siya yung may kapangalan sa atin. hello!

aurelio: thad si alex, sayaw kayo.

alex: ano? prom?

so that became the scene that lead to our uncomfortable glances with each other... everytime we pass by the corridor or the bathroom, there was this akward look of who will give out a grin, just for the sake that we were formally introduced or just even because we work in the same team...

but it never happen...

then, with the twist of fate... or maybe becuase we are about to die of boredom in our cubicles... i got an email from my manager telling me to pair up with thad and assist him with his work...


i didnt want to add him in my messenger list, but i didnt had a choice when i got a pop up window on my monitor asking me if i would confirm thad who was sending an add request... then he asked me if i could come over his desk so we could work on the order together...

so i did...

i sat up the side of his desk while he browsed around to get infos regarding this specific job... i was waiting for him to ask, which wasnt that long becuase he doesnt know what he is doing...

thad: pano ba to?

alex: kasi kapang remote request, check mo lang if you could get thru the modem. pag successful mag ping test ka tapos ok na yun

thad: eh ayaw nga mag ping eh

alex: pag ganun, report mo na lang sa proj manager. i-copy mo din ako sa email ha.

thad: ok.

i made it as fast and as smooth as i could to get out of his cubicle... it wasnt because i didnt want the akward feeling that was suspended in the air... there was something else that was suspended in the air... it was his unbearable smell... it seemed like his cologne that my nose couldnt bear... "gwapo nga ang baho naman..." it went on and on in my head... i wanted to think that it was just a wrong choice of cologne (made of toxic chemicals from a dump site)

so i slid back to my cubicle praying that he wouldnt bother me again, when i got a copy of his email to the project manager... when i finished reading it, it sounded a bit sarcastic... so like the critic that i was born to be i IM him...

alex: and choray ng email ha...

thad: anong choray?

alex: taray! tanga naman...

thad: ay sorry di ko alam... ikaw kaya ang mataray dyan... yung name mo kasi parang boxingero na galing mexico...

alex: aba sinong may sabing pede ka mag comment sa name ko? bwahaha... gaga... im not from mexico... im venezuelan...

thad: ay ganun? ang choray!

alex: hahaha... ang bilis ng pick up mo ha...

so i guess he makes me luagh... hope that compensates his awful smell...

nah...

No comments: